Saturday 30 April 2011

My Top 5 Gameboy Games.

Well, it looks as if everyone's doing a Top (insert number here), So I thought, "Why don't I?". Then my subconscious answered "Because no one cares about your opinion." But let's do one anyways. This is my Top 5 Gameboy games. Also, no GBA games or unreleased games, because that's cheating . Let's get started.

#5 - Kirby's Dreamland 2

Kirby's Dreamland was a good game, in all honesty it was. The only problem was that it was too easy, and too short. I recall that you could fly over each of the levels, getting past any and all enemies. Now, Kirby's Dreamland 2 was great. It had spectacular music, the graphics were stunning for a GB title, and Kirby could use his copy ability with his animal pals. The reason I didn't move this game higher up this list though, is because of the controls. They are pretty darn slippery. So for that, Kirby's Dreamland 2 is #5!



#4 - Rayman

I love Rayman. The games are all just random, silly fun, and that includes Rayman for the GBC. This game had great graphics, sound, gameplay, and in my personal opinion, is better then the Rayman on the DSiWare. The best thing about this game was that it had an awesome intro for the GBC. Rayman was in 3D! The only thing I didn't like about this game was the story, as it kept changing between Rayman 1 and 2's story. Why do you confuse me so, Rayman? Why? Whyyyyyyyyy?!

#3 - Wario Land 2

Wario games are always great. Good platformers are usually referred to as Mario games or Sonic Games, and Wario never gets to bask in the limelight. His games aren't about beating the most enemies or finishing the most levels, they're about getting the most cash! Wario is so cash driven that he can't die. Seriously, you can't die in this game. If an enemy hits you, you'll lose some ka-ching, or turn into one of Wario's fabulous forms, like Vampire Wario or Zombie Wario or the best, Morbidly Obese Wario. And his main attack is ramming into enemies head on, which make Mario look like a pansy.

#2 - Donkey Kong Land 2

Donkey Kong Country 2 is an amazing game, but this is that game, made portable, with new content, and lit on fire. Okay, I was lying about that last part, but this still is a really fun game. This game has the same Pirate theme, but adds new levels, extremely detailed graphics, and 8-Bit heaven to your ears. One thing I never understood is that, why is this game called Donkey Kong Land 2? Donkey Kong doesn't do anything except get kidnapped, and he's too lazy to use his extremely strong monkey arms to break out of his cage. Thanks, DK. I really want to save you now.


#1 - Super Mario Land 2

First off, I'd like to apologize for putting so many sequels on this list, but they are usually better then the original. Case in point, SML2 is infinitely better then that dreadful game Super Mario Land. SML2 has amazing graphics, amazing music, amazing controls, amazing everything. It's got all the things the Mario games are known for: Secrets, Cool Power-Ups, Challenge, and it introduces Wario! There's a whole bunch o' stuff to do in this game, like flying around a level using rabbits ears you got from a carrot. Yes, this is definitely my favorite GameBoy game.

And so there you have it, My Top 5 Gameboy games. Of course, this didn't include GBA Games, but that's another list for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment